Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On Monday, 8 August 2016 17:28:27 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 06:33:03 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:31:45 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Mine is closer to 5p a wash and that is with Finish, not some cheap
****.

Finish costs more than 5p a tablet. My figure was TCO per wash.

And a hand wash uses a lot more hot water too.

Mine is about 4p per wash for power (may be less), and about 4p for
detergent. A very small amount for salt.

Purchase & maintenance cost are small, depending on your strategy.

NT