Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Need new Radar Detector recommendations

Age does funny things to a fellow. I said I wasn't going to
ever drive like that old fart in front of me when I was young.
but here I am and sure enough.

Yep, the world was my race track when I was young. I would seek out
secluded back roads that I could drive as fast as I wanted.

The last 25-30 years I just haven't been in a hurry anymore. The difference
between speeding and taking my time is usually less than 10 minutes for
most destinations.

I used to be that guy who would weave in and out of lanes trying to get one
car length ahead on my way to work. At some point I realized I wasn't
getting anywhere and it just wasn't worth the stress or increased risk of
accidents to myself or others. Now I just pick a lane, relax, and take my
time. Safer, far less stress, and I arrive at my destination at nearly the
same time. (I think Mythbusters did an episode on that once).

I've also reached the old fart stage and if guys at my rear bumper
want me to exceed it, they will have to push me.

I can never understand the people who get so close and ride my bumper.
They're trying to push me down the road, but it makes me nervous so I tend
to drive slower so I can keep an eye on them and minimize the impact if
they do hit me. Ironically, if they would back off a bit, I would drive
faster.

These days I'm just tired of angry and impatient drivers. If someone gets
too close and won't (or can't) go around, I just pull off somewhere when I
get the chance and let the cars go by. I would rather let the angry idiots
go ahead of me so I can take my time and enjoy the drive.

Life's too short to worry about arriving 5 minutes late.

If it's that big of a deal, leave 10 minutes earlier!

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com