Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default What do you use for all-purpose rubber gasket material?

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 18:23:37 -0500, "Danny D."
wrote:

A few times a year I need to replace a thin rubber gasket of some sort.

It's often quicker and easier and cheaper to cut a rubber gasket to fit
than it is to order the parts, especially since I'm 20 miles from the
nearest hardware store.

I used to use old car and truck tire tubes for scrap rubber, but they're
hard to come by nowadays I think (at least I haven't *seen* them in a
while.

What do *you* use for your scrap rubber gaskets?

Innertubes are still used a lot more than you think. Farmers use them in
all sorts of machinery. Go to a REAL tire shop, not Walmart....