Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Danny D bettting Pool on refrigerator

On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 2:32:26 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 19:05:51 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa wrote:

Alas, Mormy will never know, or if he does know, he doesn't care!
Whirlpool branding: Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Hotpoint and Kenmore.

I don't want to say anything now about Chris, given the situation, as I
hope he went peacefully and happily assigned to his God.

As for the Kenmore, I couldn't understand why the Embraco compressor would
run sometimes, but not run most of the time. Clearly *something* was wrong
- but I couldn't figure out what.

Pretty much, the only clue that makes sense is that the current was higher
in the running compressor (about 3 amps) versus the new compressor (1.2
amps), but the compressors have different locked rotor amperage ratings
(11.something for the new compressor versus 17.something for the older
one).

Anyway, what I'll do differently on the new fridge is clean out the
condenser coils both from the back *and* front, because when they moved the
old fridge, more dust came out even though I had *thought* I had blown it
all free with the 100psi compressed air.

Keep the condenser clean on your new fridge and it should last for many years. I don't know about the power quality where you live but when I was working, I was installing surge arresters on the power feeds to home AC and commercial refrigeration equipment. I had customers in rural areas who had capacitors blow up on their AC units and after I installed wired in surge protection on the power to the unit, there were no more problems. I also told them to consider purchasing surge protection for their freezers, refrigerators and electronic equipment. They already had surge protector strips on their computers and peripherals due to previous problems. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fridge Monster