Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Tin openers

On 06/08/2016 21:32, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 2:59:09 PM UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 06/08/2016 12:35, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 10:11:27 AM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

What can I use to open a 20 litre drum with?

Angle grinder!

Bugger! beat me to it!

Jig saw might be better but tedious!

Since neither of you read the OP, I can't understand why you posted unless you are retarded.

To clarify, you said:
"What can I use to open a 20 litre drum with?
I don't want a dangerous jagged edge."

That depends on what you mean by open. A jig-saw will surely open it. So
will a drill to empty its contents.

Can you be more clear to what you mean by "open"?

Most 20 litre drums I have come across have a preferred entry point for
a tap, or you could use one of these:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/ZNx1c.jpg

Yes but can you begin to understand what jagged means first?

Jagged, or in your post "jagged edge", implies to me an element of
undulation of a cut surface.

I associate a jagged edge of a 20 litre drum to be akin to that left
behind using one of those old fashioned tin openers with a blade my
grandmother might have use which you worked around the top of a tin.

Yet the clean cut from a current tin opener looks benign, but equally
dangerous. I know of one person attending A&E and requiring stitches
from a non-ragged edge of a tin.

Perhaps you can educate me so I can better understand "ragged"
pertaining to 20 litre drums.