Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

In article , Aardvarks
wrote:

it's amazing how much useless nonsensical spew he can generate without
ever finding the very 'facts' he claims to seek.

Funny coming from you ... who has never once told the truth.

Your URL simply says that, as I predicted, that Safari is primitive code
that doesn't even support the modern battery-status HTML5 spec which
debuted years ago.

first you babble that the battery status is a 'privacy exploit' and
that it should be disabled, then when it's shown that safari is not
vulnerable at all, you call safari primitive.

you can't have it both ways.

not only that, but most of the browsers listed are based on apple's
webkit, so if you're going to say that safari is primitive code, you're
also saying that android, chrome and opera are just as primitive, given
that they also use webkit.

so much for your 'facts'.

In article , Aardvarks
wrote:
Some factual updates...

The battery-status API privacy exploit works on multiple browsers and on
multiple operating systems, including all the well known operating systems
for both mobile devices and computers.

Setting the following "about:config" option in Firefox should prevent the
exploit that Jeff kindly informed us about:

Change from: dom.battery.enabled;true
Change to: dom.battery.enabled;false

I'm not sure where the user.js file is located on iOS or in Android, but on
your computer desktops and laptops, it will be located in "aboutrofiles".