Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Any tips for patching a knot hole in a fence?

Bob Villa wrote in
:

On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 9:14:04 AM UTC-5, jimbust747 wrote:
replying to Grandpa, jimbust747 wrote:
Make sure fence is dry. Apply a patch of selotape over the knot
hole on the outside of the fence. Go inside the fence with skeleton
gun with silicone sealer in and gently pump some silicone into the
hole until it's full. Wipe over with scraper and leave for 24 hours
now you can remove selotape all done . Use brown silicone for a
neater job.

Grampa has since "bit the big one" and gone to his Maker...note: the
thread you're replying to is nearly 13 yrs old.

I'd complain to the newsserver that's sourcing these, since
they're basically just spam for Homeowners hub, but I doubt
it would do any good.

Mebbe we should all sign up over there, and post lots of
random pointless posts with "homeowners hub are spammers"
in our sig lines.

John