Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)[_4_] Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)[_4_] is offline

Default Metal BT Ducting cap/cover required

On 06/08/2016 07:39, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
^
I keep wondering if there's an 'e' missing?

History.....
Long long ago before the days of forums and "diy-banter", before
farcebook and twiddler when usenet was social media I floundered around
on uk.rec.bodybuilding and miscellaneous.fitness.weights there were few
few members of the former group that used 3 letter abbreviations of
their name like Zaf, Ant and a few others so I decided to go with Pet.

As for sticking the www. website name in it served 2 purposes.
If anyone wanted to e-mail me they could put an "e" after Pet and use @
the detailed domain name but this was/is perhaps a little cryptic...
2nd reason is whereas the content plagiarising scraper sites like
DIY-Banter or whatever they're called would strip off signatures they
had to keep the user name and in doing so, created an active link
back/mention even without the https:// to our site so fair compensation.

So there you have it.

Cheers Pet.

---