Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

On 6 Aug 2016 02:46:43 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

[seemingly endless list of URLs followed by zero substance omitted]

Is that a "yes" or a "no"? Because if Safari's WebKit is unaffected, that
means most of the entire iOS platform is unaffected - which leads one to
wonder: why are you posting this to misc.phone.mobile.iphone?...

What?
Why do you troll so much?

Is this a safari-only newsgroup?

Or, are you really so stuck in the stone age that you actually think that
the primitive and restrictive Safari is the *only* browser on iOS?

Or, are you so limited in your choices of browsers, that you can't imagine
anyone using a modern browser that supports the latest HTML5 specification
(even though it is a few years old by now).

Sheesh.

You say "I" troll, but Jeff kindly brought this topic up, and he wasn't
trolling when he brought it up. I was simply responding to Jeff ... so, as
always, *you* are the troll accusing me of bringing this topic up when all
I did was flesh it out (every single time - the troll is *always* you!).

You add *zero* value.
And you accuse people who do add value of things that only you do!

It's funny, but you don't even *remember* how this was brought up - that's
how little you count to the discussion!

Anyway, despite your childish lack of usable memory and your constantly
annoying trolling behavior, my response to your specific Safari question is
that I don't know anything about the primitive Safari app since I wouldn't
be caught dead using such a restrictive browser.

Therefore, I don't know whether Safari supports the latest battery api in
the HTML5 specification or not - so it behooves you to figure out whether
Safari has been updated to support HTML5 components such as the battery
API.

Apple is so slow to update their apps that I'd guess being five years
behind everyone else is pretty normal for them - so you might actually be
safe with the primitive Safari app after all.

I mean, the most important thing in the world to you is for Apple to keep
you safe, isn't it? So, this time, Apple may have saved you from the modern
HTML5 specification. Sometimes, doing nothing to improve your apps works
out for the best.

In fact, knowing how primitive and restrictive Safari is, I'd take a guess
that Safari probably does not yet support this relatively recent (2012)
HTML5 component, since Safari is still stuck in the stone age, so, you're
probably safe this time due to the primitive nature of Apple products
(which would be a good thing in this case so I congratulate you on your
choice of browsers).

If my guess is right that Safari is still stuck in the stone age, then the
topic that Jeff brought up about the HTML5 specification Battery API is
still relevant to the more modern browsers that are available on iOS.

But, you're probably safe if you stick with Safari (which was probably
never updated to the latest HTML5 specification, knowing Apple).