Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Progress on the Bed job, AKA actual woodworking

Leon wrote:
I have not posted much lately as I have been pretty busy with the Bed
Project and all of that which comes with so called retirement. :~)

Anyway I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to deliver
in the next few weeks.

The base and it's 9 drawers have been completed for a few weeks not and
I have been working on the head and foot boards.

Here I was doing a test fot of the pieces before staining the hard parts
and gluing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

And jumping ahead I have stained the panels and inner sides of the rails
and stiles and glued up the units.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

I am attaching the legs to the panels with 6mm x 40mm Domino's. I'll be
adding glue and screws to strengthen the joints.

The Domino side.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

The screw access hole side, I'll be plugging the holds after final glue
up of the legs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

A dry fit of the entire assembly for placement of the threaded inserts
to bolt the head and foot boards to the bed frame.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

A close up of the recessed/slotted holes for attaching the foot board.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Another view

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

After I place the threaded inserts I'll stain and varnish the remaining
parts and add the decking. And hopefully I'll be finished.

Questions?

You must have an enormous shop. To do a dry fit of an entire bed I
would have to take it to the driveway. Beautiful job!

--
GW Ross

Ensign Pillsbury: He's bread Jim!