Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default best fuel level to maintain

On 08/04/2016 03:32 PM, Frank Thompson wrote:
I use half tank of gasoline in my chevy 2014 pickup per month. Is it better to maintain it between full and half empty or between half empty and almost empty?

E-10 gasoline phase separation is your enemy.
Humidity, daily temperature swings and how well your fuel tank is sealed are big factors.
Will phase separation occur in your trucks tank? No one here can actually tell you.

Some theorize that keeping the tank full is better, some say it doesn't matter.
Some would suggest using ethanol-free gasoline.
Some would suggest using an additive like Sta-Bil.

If phase separation occurs, how much will the repair costs be for your truck?

How luck do you feel?