Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default best fuel level to maintain

On 8/4/2016 3:32 PM, Frank Thompson wrote:
I use half tank of gasoline in my chevy 2014 pickup per month. Is it better to maintain it between full and half empty or between half empty and almost empty?

Much depends more on the season. In winter, more than half to avoid
condensation which doesn't build up as much in the summer. Otherwise, I
don't think it makes much of a difference.

Every car I've owned (all pre 2000 models) was driven until the low fuel
indicator illuminated and I've never had a problem with pumps or
anything fuel related. That was also done all year long regardless of
weather here in Mich. I don't think it's as much of an issue as some
would think.