Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Rewiring house for cable

In ,
Kurt V. Ullman typed:
Had some problems with cable and when the guy came out, he mentioned
that I had the coax they installed when they built the house and that
it might not react well when the company goes full digital. He
suggested I consider rewiring the house. Any idea as to a general
cost for a two story and basement with around 9 drops?

Really hard to say, of course, without knowing the house layout, whether
there are open sheetrock walls, etc.

But, for whatever it's worth, I once had someone wire a 2-story small office
building for Internet for $400. I think I paid for the wire and the junction
boxes etc. -- not sure. And, I think it was bout 12 drops altogether. But,
the building has open sheetrock walls and dropped ceilings on each floor, so
running the wires and the drops was not too difficult.