Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Why put tennis balls on Walker legs?

On 8/3/2016 7:50 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

The tennis balls let it slide but the superior solution is a pair of ski glides which allow the walker to slide a lot easier. The staff here at the center gave me a walker to use and it had nylon ski glides in place of the rubber crutch tips. It was a lot easier to use than the one I have at home which has worn through rubber crutch tips. I'm going to get ski tips from Amazon for my walker. ^_^

https://www.amazon.com/WALKER-GLIDES.../dp/B004JCCXE6

http://tinyurl.com/jmp5zwq

[8~{} Uncle Tip Monster

My wife uses one with wheels and a seat
http://justwalkers.com/rollators/4-wheel-rollators.html
You can get them for less than $75.
You can also carry some stuff with them.