Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone seen a Socket Wrench for an old Square Nut?

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 10:29:58 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article om,
says...

I'd add another "solution" (both literal and figurative) and that's Kroil

http://www.kanolabs.com/google/?gclid=CN3RpKKrpc4CFZSIaQod5UsE_Q

Read about this stuff last year and bought a can. It makes regular
penetrating oil and WD-40, etc. look like maple syrup. I think you
could spray a VW Bug with this stuff and then pull it through an 18"
culvert.g

Where I worked we used the Kroil by the case. We had lots of things
outside and if we knew we would have to work on them, we would spray
them with Kroil the day before.

I have sprayed rusty bolts seveal days in a row and the usually come
right off.

We had lots of high wattage bulbs of all kinds of light. The mercury
vapor and others. A shot of Kroil oil up the base of them made them
almost fall out.

I've had frozen bolts, used Liquid Wrench on them a day two before.
Then a few taps with a wood block / screwdriver handle/ hammer to
vibrate the bolt and the liquid penetrates the threads on a nut or
bolt.