Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Rewiring house for cable

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:19:07 -0400, "Kurt V. Ullman"
wrote:

Had some problems with cable and when the guy came out, he mentioned
that I had the coax they installed when they built the house and that it
might not react well when the company goes full digital. He suggested I
consider rewiring the house. Any idea as to a general cost for a two
story and basement with around 9 drops?

I don't know the cost but I'd wait and see how it looks when the
company is full digital. Maybe it will look great and there will be
no point to new cable.

What is the code for the cable in use now, what would they use
instead, and why is the newer better, and how much better?

If this were an appliance, people wold say one made in the 80's was
better than one made now. Is cable not the same?

I'd also worry about damage the installer might do.