Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Anyone here got a Bosch Rotak 40 mower?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 21:18:27 +0100, Chris Bartram
wrote:

snip

Now looking on the parts diagrams it looks like the spring is supposed
to be straight (the arms at 180 Degrees from each other) and I guess
there is a slot for the lower half of the spring to slot into?

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/bosch/lawnmowers/rotak%2040%20gc%20(3600h81c73)/closing-spring/502117.htm

So, does anyone have such a beast who can confirm my thoughts re the
correct fitment above and have you had similar problems with yours?

Does this pic from my Rotak 32 help?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/...hare_link_copy

http://amzn.to/2asA1At

I think it does, it confirms my thought that the vertical part of the
spring probably (on the one I'm dealing with) doesn't lay flat against
the lid as per my picture but away from it as in yours.

That then would match the reply from Tim+ that followed yours. ;-)

Strangely, the image of the new spring in the advert above doesn't
seem to match the exploded diagram at the bottom of the same page but
if it's purpose it so spring the cover closed, makes more sense as per
the advert pic?

I don't know how the spring came to come out or how it got bent (other
than by Tim+'s suggestion of it being hit by the blade) but I think a
new one would be preferred over trying to straighten the old one (it
being spring steel etc).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Thanks for taking the time to take the pic and reply Chris. ;-)