Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Anyone here got a Bosch Rotak 40 mower?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:59:20 -0700 (PDT), Yvonne
wrote:

I have one of these and scratched my head the first ttime I reassembled it after changing the motor.

Ok.

The hinged flap at the rear is held closed under tension by the spring.

That makes sense as the lady said without the spring it sprays grass
in her face. ;-)

One arm of the spring is anchored in the hinged flap and the other end slots into a vertical recess in the body. This recess is really a slot open on one side and is about 1.5" square and about 6" deep.

Cool.

This recess is behind the arrow in this pictu-

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/sa...pgprb.jpg.html

Brilliant, thanks. ;-)

To get this arm into the slot correctly, take off the main cover( with the rear flap still attached). Reassemble by locating the front of the cover in the front of the chassis of the mower. Dont screw it down yet.

With the whole cover assembly located at the front (and flap still attached to it), pull the loose arm of the spring so that the torsion spring is twisted under tension. That is open up the arms s that they are at 180 degrees apart. Then whilst it is still under tension, push the loose arm vertically down into the vertical slot.

Great explanation as I know what we are trying to do (insert the
spring in the slot whilst it's trying to shut the flap).

It's a wee bit tricky but you will get the hang of it after a couple of tries.

At least I know what to expect.

Then screw the cover down and you are done.

Sweet, thanks. The 90 Yr old and dying of cancer lady was told by a
lawnmower repair man that it probably wasn't worth doing. ;-(

While I am there, are there any filters in the motor air cooling path
as I found those were completely blocked on a Flymo I stripped and
cleaned the other day?

Cheers, T i m