Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Rewiring house for cable

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 3:07:03 PM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 8/2/16 2:24 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 1:19:18 PM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
Had some problems with cable and when the guy came out, he mentioned
that I had the coax they installed when they built the house and that it
might not react well when the company goes full digital. He suggested I
consider rewiring the house. Any idea as to a general cost for a two
story and basement with around 9 drops?

IDK what exactly they mean by all digital there, but here, I evolved to
all digital with 30 year old coax, no problems. I'm running TV and
cable modem. Seems to me they'd have one hell of a lot of ****ed off
customers if everyone has to upgrade. I think I'd wait and see, try it
and decide later. Maybe they figure they can pocket extra revenue by
doing your home upgrade?

In fairness to the cable company (Brighthouse) they don't offer the
service and would give me the names of 2-3 people to call. So it isn't
likely to be in their self interest to have me do it.

Unless there is some sort of reciprocal agreement in place between the
companies.