Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone seen a Socket Wrench for an old Square Nut?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 09:56:17 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

On 8/2/2016 9:45 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 09:21:01 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

(Once I get them off, they will be replaced with hex nuts).

I'd check out Sears. They have a bunch of sockets and such that are
supposed to universally fit a lot of nuts and bolts. How well they
actually fit depends on the bolt I guess. An 8 pt socket is one that
will fit, they should have that too. Or if you want something cheap,
HF perhaps.

Never used a "gator socket" before. They have been around for years.
One sockets fits numerous sized nuts and bolts. The pins depress so it
fits different sizes.

https://tinyurl.com/zcoqelw

I have to think such a gator socket would not work well for a really
tight rusted on bolt.

You make a valid point. Apparently, in that socket, the pins also
work like a 'cam action' grip when turned. More torque - more grip.
Good enough? Can't say.