Andrew Heggie

Default Welders - supplier?

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:01:23 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

Commercial welding shop. You can get nice Murexs for ?500 (if you
catch a regular sale) and they're as cheap for wire and gas as
anywhere else. For less money, Partco do the Cebora range that are
good for ?300-ish. Anything below that I'd be buying S/H for ?50 and
saving up for a real machine. Please don't buy an SIP at any level !

As I have to heft any mig into the van by myself and you have
previously said you wouldn't want a mig welder you could lift, is
there any point of compromise?

Hats seem to get better the _less_ you pay. Actually the hats (and
headbands) turn rubbish quickly, but the lens systems are better. Get
a battery one (they last for ages and can be stored in dark sheds)
rather than solar.

I still need a name that I can put forward for my pressy, so far only
the Cromwell one has been recommended by name.

I've just been brought a NUtool 152 by a mate, it seems to be ex hire
by the serial number scratched on it and the gun is missing, wires,
tubes, cables and their sheath are present up to where the gun should
be. Has anyone tried to convert one of the diy migs to eurotorch? I
can get the torch and 3mtre lead for GBP50 but have not found a
supplier of the female bit of the eurotorch to fit on the welder.

AJH