Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

Leon Fisk wrote:
On a side note/question. How do people use the air ratchets? Like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eig...het-47214.html

Best I can figure out is to use it like a regular ratchet and then hit
the air once you get something broken loose (shrug).

I thought it would be handy at times but I rarely go dig it out...

The cheap ones with low torque are handy as bolt/nut runners when you
are dealing with multiple fasteners per job.

I have two micro sized 3/8" impact units (70 lb.ft.)that get used a LOT.
Very handy as a day to day tool. Also great when you are in a tight
engine bay and have very little room to swing a ratchet.

As for whips. The primary reason is because the primary wear area on an
air line is the fitting at the tool. I've used a variety of swivels,
couplers and such to increase mobility. So far the one that actually
seems to actually work well is this style

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...tor-68196.html

--
Steve W.