Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Re-working pry bar

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:05:07 -0400
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

snip
Lowe's has one that looks just like the lost one, but isn't:

http://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-Building...-Bar/999914829

I took a look at my smaller bar. It is Enderes D-26. Must have bought it
around 2002. It looks very similar to the linked to bar above. Measures
10 inches long. It is illustrated on page 26 in this catalog (30mb):

http://www.enderes.com/catalog/2016Catalog.pdf

I preferred the Stanley Wonder Bar. It worked better, left less marks
in the wood. Since then I've bought a Vaughan Super Bar too, think
it's the 21 inch model:

http://www.vaughanmfg.com/shopping/D...d-Pry-Bar.aspx

The flat head on it is very similar to the Wonder Bar and seems to work
much the same. It has less of a v-notch in it for pulling nails though.
I tweaked the end of that bar too. It wasn't all that bad though if I
remember correctly.

I try not to use the Wonder Bar for rough work or hit it with a metal
hammer...

I've seen another bar similar to the one you linked to that has a
really wide flat head and no nail notch. It might be in the Enderes
catalog somewhere. Didn't look through it too good yet. I'll find an
image of it if it interests you...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b