Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless,comp.mobile.android
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default WiFi sensitivity question for Jeff Liebermann & anyone well versed in antennas

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 02:13:11 -0400, nospam wrote:

and for that subsidy, google gets to track and data mine you, even
though you think you're avoiding it. you're not.

Without a Google ID, all it has is an advertising ID, which I switch
randomly, and which Google *says* they don't maintain the connection.

I don't log into *any* Google apps, as you know.

Since my system is well organized, I keep a duplicate folder of *just*
Google Apps, where every one is logged out of (and almost none are used
anyway, except maybe Google Maps). I have the history turned off if I'm
forced to log into an app, but I can't think of any app that you have to
log into other than Gmail, which is a different beast altogether, and,
which has the same issues on iOS anyway.

As you know, I also have my SSID tracking turned off, so that I'm not
spying on my self and my neighbors.

Likewise, I have all app connection to my location turned off, and no app
is allowed to use my location unless I expressly turn the app location
ability back on with App Ops Starter. And you have that same issue too on
iOS anyway, so, nothing is different there.

So, where, may I ask, is Google spying on me on Android that they're not
also spying on you in iOS?