Sid Skooper

Default Panasonic cd fault

I have a Panasonic CQ-MR335LEN car Tuner & Minidisc player which
works. However, when plugging the in DP 600 six cd changer, the unit
switches to CD, loads a cd from cassette into the player and then ...
nothing. No head movement, no spining of disc. The lead that
connects the two units has obviously been caught at sometime but this
has been repaired and tests ok (pin to pin). I assumed the fault was
within the cd changer.

Now for the sad bit. I have just bought another cd changer (second
hand but said to be working) and low and behold.. the same fault.
Does this mean that perhaps the head unit is the faulty item after
all? Or do I now have two duff cd changers? Has anyone any knowledge
of these problems?