Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Router Template Guide Bushings - Why So Many Sizes?

On 7/31/2016 10:29 AM, Leon wrote:
On 7/30/2016 11:47 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 9:11:39 PM UTC-7, Leon wrote:
On 7/30/2016 4:09 PM, whit3rd wrote:

For making sliding-dovetail slots, one requires a guide jig.

Actually I made sliding DT joints with my router table and fence. No
jig.

I'm making dovetail slots across a 7' board, for tall bookshelves.
Can't
get it accurate enough on the router table,

Well there you only need a straight edge guide, I don't see the need for
a guide bushing. The guide can be a hunk of plywood.

It also helps to cut a dado to remove most of the wood before running
the DT bit.

clamping a guide works. Biggest
problem, is getting it clamped without interfering with router movement.

As stated above, use a large enough piece of plywood as a strait edge
guide.