Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Router Template Guide Bushings - Why So Many Sizes?

On 7/31/2016 9:32 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 7/30/16 8:00 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

BTW - the bushing adapter I bought on eBay fits perfectly. There's
just a tiny
bit of wiggle before the screws are tightened which seems to allow for
some
centering capability. Of course, I don't have a centering cone...yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Router-Templ...-/111153232468

If you have a plunge base, often you can use a 45 degree bevel bit for
centering (the plunge allows you to remove the bit after centering your
bushing). For a fixed base, often you can use a dovetail bit for centering.

-BR

Two flute bits can get you close but the bushing can still end up
slightly off center.