Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless,comp.mobile.android
Jolly Roger[_2_] Jolly Roger[_2_] is offline

Default WiFi sensitivity question for Jeff Liebermann & anyonewell versed in antennas

nospam wrote:
In article , Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

iPhone 4 antenna grip problem in 2010:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/cellular/cell-test.htm
Steve Jobs was right that all phones have the antenna grip problem. He
just didn't mention that the iPhone 4 had it 10 times worse than the
others.

the iphone 4 was not 10x worse.

it was comparable to other phones and in many cases, those other phones
were substantially worse, even dropping to no service, something the
iphone 4 didn't do.

palm pre drops to no service:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zft3-Lwh2bo

droid incredible drops to no service:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zbQ3f7H0U

droid 2 had serious issues:
https://techcrunch.com/2010/08/13/uh...ts-having-sign
al-issues/

I remember those findings near the end of the whole Antenna Gate circus. It
was comical seeing comparable phones also drop signal when "held wrong". I
recall the Apple trolls denying that reality back then too - just as they
apparently still are today. : D

JR