Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Nintendo 3DS XL only works when the battery is not fully charged

On 30.07.16 21:44, juanjo wrote:
My nephew's Nintendo 3ds has this problem. One night he connected the
charger and the next morning the console was dead. No response
whatsoever, totally bricked.

Today I had time to try to repair the console and because the battery
self-discharge, today was working. I have charged the battery and
measured the voltage, when is over 3.8 volts the machine doesn't work.

I think that i will have to change the complete motherboard, but anyone
has a better idea?

Get a charger that does not over-charge.