Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On 07/30/2016 09:51 AM, Henry Jones wrote:
I'm gonna see if I can rent or borrow a hole digger.

A power auger mounted on a tractor helps a lot. Even that isn't
foolproof as we found out when trying to plant trees at the local rifle
range. I don't think the kind that are sort of mini pile drivers have
enough stroke. They're great for driving metal fence posts but the posts
are only 6 to 8 feet or so. Beats the hell out of

https://www.amazon.com/901147A-Steel.../dp/B000A1AB7G

although long term use of one of those will give you pecs and triceps
like Schwarzenegger.

Be happy you're dealing with bicyclists. When I was with the FS I went
out checking gates before hunting season. A lot of the gates are locked
then to level the hunting field. Someone took exception to one of them.
It was a standard Powder River gate. The posts were 3" steel pipe set in
buried 55 gallon drums filled with concrete. I don't think a Warn winch
could have done the job. They must have used a log chain and got a
running start. The gate was bent into a V shape and the drums were half
out of the ground. They didn't get through though.

Must have been kids with too much beer. Real men would have thrown the
portable oxy rig in the pickup for those little annoyances.

Then there's the signs... They make great 100 yard targets for sighting
in...