Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Super-bright LEDs in public places?

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
Graham. wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 19:37:09 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

On a recent trip back to the UK I noticed - whilst travelling mostly
by rail - that at the landings of flights of steps at very many
stations now there are overhead panels of super-bright blue LEDs
tilted downwards towards passengers approaching the stairs. These
panels are *extremely* bright and quite painful to look directly at,
even in daylight. They appear to be left on day and night. Does any
knowledgeable person know what function they're supposed to perform?

To discourage intravenous drug use.

How is that meant to work please. No personal experience in such
matters....

I must lead a sheltered life. I've never seen anyone injecting themselves
with illegal drugs in a tube station. Far more likely in a toilet cubical.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.