Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Super-bright LEDs in public places?

Utter crap.
Sorry but I've not found anyone with a good word to say about them. They
are too bright. If they were no so bright I might believe it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 29/07/16 20:37, Chris wrote:
On a recent trip back to the UK I noticed - whilst travelling mostly by
rail - that at the landings of flights of steps at very many stations now
there are overhead panels of super-bright blue LEDs tilted downwards
towards passengers approaching the stairs. These panels are *extremely*
bright and quite painful to look directly at, even in daylight. They
appear to be left on day and night.
Does any knowledgeable person know what function they're supposed to
perform?

Preventing Suicides?

Seems the Blue LED Floodlights are meant to have a calming effect.

http://www.railway-technology.com/fe...tions-4627355/

--
Adrian C