Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking For Non-Battery Hours Meter

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:29:12 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

I've been through three hours meters so far on my little backup
generator and the weak link seems to be the built-in, non-replaceable
batteries: Bad Idea in something whose primary job is to stand in
wait...

Has anybody found something simple that either uses a replaceable
battery or gets it's power from the generator?

Nice-To-Have would be the ability to be preset with my current running
total of hours.... but that' just a nice-to-have and not a "Must".

I would think something in-line with the AC that just keeps ticking as
long as there is AC present.... but I can't find anything like that.

Plug a wall wart into a receptacle on the generator and hook it to one
of these

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electri...Timers/Meters/