Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default EUSSR trade deal in trouble.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

We should at least get some things our way as should other countries.
I don;t understand why we need to agreement of 27 countries in order
to buy a german car. I brought a computer without having to ask
anyone let alone 27 countries for permission.

You really don't get it, do you?

You don’t either.

There is never a problem *buying* anything.

Corse there is if no one bothers to make what you want or no
one is prepared to sell it for a price that you are prepared to pay.

(Except perhaps things which are defence sensitive) Any
country anywhere will be delighted to take your money.

Utterly mangled all over again.

The UK government may have other
ideas, though, to protect UK jobs etc.

**** all of that anymore.

It is *selling* things to other countries which need some form of
agreement.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

No agreement with the country of the buyer is required.

Because that country can seek to protect their own jobs too.

But usually don’t anymore.