Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fridge thermostat adjustment

Back in time again then...
2011.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 May 2011 12:46:55 UTC+1, Paul D Smith wrote:
Servis fridge. Always very cold and compressor on. Replaced thermostat,
same results!

There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
contacts and a larger screw working against a spring. Having fiddled
with
these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?

Thanks,
Paul DS

I am adjusting a thermostat in a lada fridge there are 3 screws
1 contact spacing I think is hysteresis and temp
2 coil spring i think is course temp
3 leaf spring is fine temp
I am not a refrigeration engineer but manage to repair most things.