Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default TOT Experian

On 28/07/2016 10:46, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 16:31:54 UTC+1, Clive George wrote:
On 27/07/2016 16:07, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 15:38:10 UTC+1, Clive George wrote:

When I hear that from someone that works in a bank I'll listen again.
Whether things have change since the early 90s I don;t know.
I have no idea what my score is.

You can find out for free if you want. That's how I know mine. I
probably won't bother checking again.

I'm curious but not sure why I need to know.

You probably don't. I certainly didn't, but I was curious enough to check.

I love it when people assume stupid things. There are plenty of free (no
annual fee) credit cards about.

It's been a while since I've seen one that is free.

I suggest you're not looking terribly hard.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/

Follow links on there and you can find plenty.

Or to pick a high street bank at random,

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person...ds-summary-box

I tried on moneysupermarker but they wante dot know so much about me, my adress my bank even phone number. Giving all this info to someone is NOT what I call free, which is why I havent; bothered with a 'free' credit card.

Any credit card company will want to know your name, address, bank,
phone number. They're offering to loan you several thousand pounds,
they're not going to do that to somebody they don't know.

If you're sufficiently tin-foil-hatted to find that instrusive, then
yes, this conversation is a waste of time.

and I get cash back for direct debits on my DD card it varies between 1-3%.

Santander 123?

if I piad with a CC I donlt think it'd get the above.

I think I'd struggle to pay for my shopping with a direct debit...