Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Bare copper wire in my outdoor carriage light

GARYWC posted for all of us...

The carriage light stopped lighting so I put in a new bulb but the light still doesn't light so I put in another bulb but the light still doesn't light. (The two new bulbs light in other fixtures).

I've:

replaced the single-pole switch in the wall
replaced the socket in the carriage light
re-wired the carriage light

but the carriage light still doesn't light.

I just want to know if I've connected the wires at the switch and in the carriage light correctly.

NO! because they are connected to your brain which is obviously not
connected. You are a dim bulb.

What does the oscilloscope read?

--
Tekkie