Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home perimeter spray for ants

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 09:20:13 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

Let's hear some stories about what works. They only come inside when it get hot or when the yard is flooded for one reason or another.

I picked up a gallon of Home Defense $5 special to try out. Anything else work better?

I have heard ants won't cross diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the base. Is that true? The price is low.

Also heard to use grits, that ants will eat it and it expands and kills them. I don't want to try that thinking it might attract mice, etc.

Perimeter sprays have a limited effectiveness for ants. They will
exploit a hole in your perimeter and once they lay down a train,
something as seemingly innocent as a limb of a bush touching the house
can become a super highway.