Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 200 quid for chips?

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

White coffee for me was always made with hot milk rather than hot
water.

That assumes you are referring to instant coffee. At work, somebody
filled the filter coffee machine with milk rather than water. not a
good idea

Most places tend to use the steam jet to heat milk for white coffee - as
you can't really keep it hot for long.

trouble is many of them make it too hot which completely changes the taste.

Rather like filter coffee kept hot - that goes off pretty quickly too.
At least decent instant with cold milk is consistent.

My mother always made Nescafe with milk and water (half & half) heated in a
saucepan.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England