Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Bare copper wire in my outdoor carriage light

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 6:58:21 PM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:
Should the bare copper wire in my outdoor carriage light be connected to:

(1) the ground screw in the carriage light

That's a bit confusing. What is the ground wire that you asking about
connected to in the carriage light at this time? Is it just a length
of wire, not attached to anything or is it already connected to something?
If it's just a length of wire, then it needs to be connected to the ground
screw of the fixture and then to the ground screw in the outlet box, as in
option (4).

(2) the bare copper wire in the outlet box

See (4)

(3) the white wire in the outlet box

Definitely not!

(4) the ground screw in the outlet box (along with the bare copper wire in the outlet box)?

That's the correct option. (Since you mention the ground screw in the
outlet box I am assuming a metal box. Option 4 grounds everything,
including the box.)