Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP & Spraying Gloss/Semigloss Latex

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 00:44:01 +0000, Climber5ap
wrote:

replying to nailshooter41, Climber5ap wrote:
I'm new to spraying, I have recently gotten a Vaper gun from northern tool
with a 2.3mm nozzle. I am trying to shoot a glidden paint and primer semi
gloss for trim work and interior doors. I have been thinning it about 20%
with windshield washer fluid and the gun is spraying it well. I have 2
issues, the first and most annoying is that when it dries, it looks like a
satin at best. The second issue is that the finish is rough, but I have a
feeling that is more technique than anything else. I would love some input as
to why I can't seem to get a good semi gloss finish!

Is there an "HVLP for Dummies"?