Mark D. Zacharias

Default HELP! with Pioneer SX-253R AKA Optimus STA-3180

You can measure with an ohmmeter or visually trace the connections from the
collector of an output transistor (the center of the three solder pads) to
each of the outputs on the other channel. Each one will be connected
directly to the its equivalent on the other channel via a foil-run and / or
jumpers.

Or you can look at the two main filter caps. One will have the positive side
ungrounded - that goes to the NPN collectors of the outputs. That cap which
has the negative lead ungrounded makes that connection to the PNP outputs'
collector.
This applies to your model, but is not totally consistent across brands.
Marantz for example would sometimes connect power to the emitter leads, and
even place emitter resistors in the collector leg of the circuit.

Mark Z.

"Ronald W. Coon, Jr." wrote in message
om...
Sounds easy... how can I test this without the schematic.

--Ron

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

The positive B+ voltage goes to the collector of the NPN output - the
Collector of the PNP output goes to the - supply line. There could well

be
other parts bad though....

Mark Z.

"Ronald W. Coon, Jr." wrote in message
om...
I need to know if someone has a schematic of this unit (Pioneer
SX-253R) AKA Optimus STA-3180. I need to know which power transistor
goes where... otherwise I don't wanna let any smoke out.

Thanks.

Ronald

Repsond to :