Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 04:58:31 -0000 (UTC), Henry Jones
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 00:03:01 -0400, Micky wrote:

Because we're part of a society.

Are you the adherent of a religion? Maybe your clergyman can answer
why it would be good to let the bicyclists ride their bicycles.

Up until now you were pretty much logical.
But now you're not.

You don't consider the goal of behaving with love for your neighbor**
to be logical? Wow.

**Neigbhor in the Bible doesn't refer to the people who own the lot
next door. It refers to people in general. If you don't claim to
have a religion and you don't find the Bible holy, than I woudln't be
on this topic, but I first asked if you adhered to a religion and you
didn't answer, so I'm talking as you affiliate with one that holds the
Bible holy.

If the public wants to use my land, they can *pay* me for the costs
incurred.

There have been no costs incurred.

I'm not asking for that, but they're not offering to pay either.
So it makes no sense for me to have my tools stolen when they're sitting on
my yard, and to have my kids accosted by foul-mouthed strangers, and to

Have any of your tools been stolen? Were your kids exposed to bad
language at any other tmie than the while you were arguing with the
bicyclists? I think you shoudl do what the police said to do.

have my peace and quiet disturbed, and my costs for maintenance and my risk
for liability and my inability to close a road, etc., if they're not
willing to pay for their fair share.

Nobody is offering - and I'm not asking - but anyone who wants to use my
land should compensate me for the loss and that compensation is so high
that any one individual isn't willing to shoulder that cost.

You haven't lost anything yet, and you won't.

Are you?

You don't have anything I want and I don't even like you.