Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_6_] John B.[_6_] is offline

Default Need to open a DIEBOLD SAFE

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:02:59 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Mon, 25 Jul 2016 07:32:07 -0700
On 25 Jul 2016 02:34:37 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-07-21, Cracka Jack wrote:
replying to DoN. Nichols, Cracka Jack wrote:
Safe combinations are permutations not combinations, order matters :-)

Of course it does. You did not quote anything of the original
article, and it has been a long time, so I forget what I said back then.

Just how old an article did you followup to in this and the
previous one. I strongly doubt that the original poster of the question
is still on the newsgroup.

And using a thermic lance doesn't do much for preserving the
contents -- which *might* be important papers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

While a lance will not "destroy" gold...it will...will destroy
everything else inside the safe, paper money, jewelry etc etc

A lance is something you use when you know the safe is empty..or the
contents need to be destroyed.

It seems to me that one could put the safe on a mill (if
possible), and "mill off" the hinges. Or round and round the door
till it is no longer held in place.

Or look into a portable mill setup.

I have a strong box which I thought I lost the keys to. If I
couldn't get it opened by a locksmith - that was the sort of route I
was figuring I would be taking.
--
pyotr filipivich

I once read that a certain group in one of the Western State's police
had discovered a method of opening safe's. They used a 8" angle
grinder with cut-off wheels. This was presented in evidence at their
trial :-)
--
cheers,

John B.