Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Hozelock conundrum

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:55, soup wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:10, Michael Chare wrote:
On 25/07/2016 15:50, soup wrote:
On 25/07/2016 14:02, wrote:
Hi Roland I thought I was the only one with this problem. My hose has
a male connection and so does my long handle sprayer neither of these
can be changed because of the screw conectar the othe end of the male.
So what I need is a double female connector to connect them, you would
think I was asking for the moon. But it seems no one does one. So I'm
stumped
All I can see is male to male connectors.
Every hose I have seen actually ends in a female connector .
Any future in actually cutting off the end you have now and making
good with a female connector hose end.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-hose-connector-with-aquastop/4861j
Just remember to use the hose the right way round!
Alternatively, does this not do what the OP wants?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-h...onnector/44928

Nope, well don't think it does (I am not the OP so don't know the
specifics) . That connects hose to hose it does not
connect to a sprayer(or indeed an accessory of any type).

That does not accept plugs of any type it screws down over hose ends.

OK, I agree. Perhaps the hose should have a female connector, and be
used with a double male if it needs to connect to a female

when this type of fitting first appeared, hoses had a male end - just like
a tap. Then suddenely hoses had female ends.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England