Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:35:29 -0000 (UTC), Henry Jones
wrote:

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public
yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to
come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though there
was one sign saying so at the entrance.

At least some of them were lying. Private drives sound like
interesting places to look. How many homes are on this one?

Just you? How long is it? Can they see your house from the
road? From the start of the drive? Do you have a lot of trees?
Hills?

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

And why do you think that will help? And people will drive on it and
rub it off eventually.

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Dunno,

I think you'd be better off getting an additional sign, in the same
style as the first one if you care about that part of esthetics, that
would say something like, "Private property. Nothing worth seeing.
Please respect our privacy" That's what would have an effect on me.

I drive up private drives, especially if they go to more than one
house and no one will know for sure if I'm invited or not. If it's
only one house, I usually stop before they can see me. The last time
it was not marked as private and it was a whole n'hood of 20 houses,
but all the roads were dead ends, one route in and the same route out.
My goal is to drive down every street in the world. This road was
nowhere near 18 feet wide. It was too narrow to turn around without
driving on the grass, so I went to the end and up a driveway where
there was a lot of space in front of the garage. His house was farther
back than the neighbors so I could see their back yard. The woman
waved at me. I waved back.

But I didn't go over to talk to them. I drive a nice white
convertible and the top is usually down when I do this; I don't look
threatening, I look like a friend of one of their neighbor,s and
indeed, I don't do any damage.

A lot of the time if I see it's a one family drive, I turn around
before I'm visible from the house.

Another time there was a state rep who was in the paper for not living
in his district like the law requires. He claimed he was living
over a commercial building within the district, on a very busy
street. I didn't believe it, but later he had a fight with his wife
and daughter and appears to have r eally moved out of the house. I
didn't get that close to his original house, but it was a very
charming road, part of it 100 years old and part of it new. Not
private and not marked as private. I didn't go up his driveway.

I doubt if anyone has ever noticed me any time I did this.