Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 1:02:22 AM UTC-4, Henry Jones wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:35:29 -0000 (UTC), Henry Jones wrote:

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

According to this document:
http://www.indiopd.org/pdf/Trespassing_Requirements.pdf

Legally, apparently, California no-trespassing signs must say the explicit
words "Trespassing/Loitering Forbidden by Law", and the letters must be at
least 2 inches in height, and the sign must be at least 1-foot square
posted at no less frequency than 3 per mile and at the entrance and exit to
all entrances to any property that wants to enforce the no-trespassing
rule.

A suggested legally accepted text is:
PRIVATE PROPERTY
TRESPASSING/LOITERING FORBIDDEN BY LAW
VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE 602

In addition, and only after adding the legally required signage, homeowners
"could" send an official form every six months to the police who can
enforce the rules in their absence (but they will only do so if the
appropriate signage is already in place).

That seems to imply that they don't enforce the rules when you are *not* absent.

If that's the case, who does? If it's the landowners, please define "enforce" in
this situation.

Besides, even with all the signage, what do you expect to happen when the bikers
ignore them and use the road again? The police won't be there 24-7 and I doubt
that they will expend a lot of resources chasing down the culprits.

One last question, and please don't take this the wrong way, I'm really curious.

What is the actual problem with people using this connection between the trails and the
park? Is it just a "this is my road" issue or are you concerned with liabity or are users an
actual nuisance, etc.? Why is this such a big deal?