Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] edhuntress2@gmail.com is offline

Default What stainless might be in a catalytic oven

On 2016-07-24, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus3825 fired this volley in
:

Yes, but they kept TiO2...

Again, Ig, you should call those "the catalyst pellets", and not "TiO2".

They _may_ have a titanium dioxide SUBSTRATE (usually it's alumina [Al2O3],
shrug), but that's not the catalyst.

As Bob correctly said, sintered oxide pellet is nothing but an INERT solid
that can withstand high temperatures. Usually a rather thin layer of a
catalytic metal is vapor-deposited on the outsides of the pellets.

Lloyd, I had no idea, thanks for shedding light on this.

Iggy, do you have any idea what this over was used for? Most of what I've seen has been curing ovens for paint and powder finishes -- low temperature stuff. Is yours something different?

--
Ed Huntress