Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oxygen concentrator sound level

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 6:17:56 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/23/2016 2:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/23/2016 2:16 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.

Then add a refrigeration unit to move out the heat so the compressor
does not burn out. .

Yeah, that's really a problem. I put one in a walk in closet; not a
really big closet, but still a walk in and it raised the temp a whole
lot. So much that I was concerned about the unit overheating and
causing other problems. As someone said, put it as far away as possible
and add extra hose.

A late friend of mine had his O2 machine on the other side of his house from where he was spending most of his time. The air line was probably 100 feet long. I have an oxygen machine in my room here at the center and it makes noise but not enough to bother me and I have sensitive hearing. I just turn up the sound on the TV/computer. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Oxygen Monster