Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasterboarding a wall

On Saturday, 23 July 2016 22:01:39 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/07/2016 19:55, tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 23 July 2016 17:48:58 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

Do you need to achieve fire resistance to the room above? 2x
9.5mm is a good way to do this (staggered joints).

Ah, good question. I guess it probably does what with it being a
kitchen and a separate flat upstairs. I guess this would apply to
the ceiling as well if/when I do it?

In that case you need good fire & sound resistance. A sheet of PB
absolutely won't cut it on either point.

ISTR recall that a sheet of 12.5mm with skim will meet fire regs for a
ceiling.

within a house yes, I don't think between flats though.

NT